Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Times they are a'changin'

What ever happened to Ricky Schroeder? And why is it that when I get really bored, the default refrain of my mind is commercial jingles and sitcom opening songs from the early 80s? My semi-comatose mind reverts even farther into the recesses of its landfill and dredges up the opening fanfares of cartoons like "Voltron, Defender of the Universe," "Transformers," and yes, the "Brady Bunch."

MY MIND'S OWN FAVORITE EASY LISTENING:

"Smurfberry Crunch is fun to eat..."
"Honeycomb BIG, yeah yeah yeah..."
"The world looks mighty good to me, when Tootsie Rolls are all I see..."
"Here we are, face to face, a couple of silver spoons..."
"Well, we're moving on up....to the east side...to a deluxe apartment, in the sky...."

AM I ALONE IN THIS PSYCHOSIS? and if not, what are your favorites?

3 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

my mind actually reverts to any annoying songs found on the Disney channel
-fruit salad...yummy yummy
-ddddora..Dora! Dora Dora Dora the explorer
I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map
Backpack Backpack...Seriously? I think that the Dora show needs some new writers.

Unknown said...

There is no question in my mind what my favorite 1980's TV show theme song is and was. It is Knight Rider. I used to say the words to myself and hear the music as I picked up girls on dates in my Green Hornet car. This may sound corny and even scary but I am sure this chant made the girls I went out with very afraid. This is good because I did not use the chant the night I met my wife. God thing huh?

6 P's in a Pod said...

Sadly, lately mine has been "I kissed a girl and I liked it" and I'm mortified by it!! Why are the raunchy songs the most catchy? GEEZ!
One must not forget the ever fanciful "Just the good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm, beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born" (Dukes of Hazard!)